Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Galatea




I was reading about Pygmalion and was trying to come up with a design or product that was inspired by the story. At first I considered playing with the idea of Galatea and creating a product called Gala Tea which would be tea that keeps you looking young. I wasn't sold on the idea so I did more brainstorming and thought of creating a hair accessories collection inspired by what Pygmalion would give and dress the statue in. 

I designed this collection and called it Galatea. In the story it says Pygmalion gave the statue bright shells, little birds and flowers in various hues and dressed it in strings of pearls. I based my designs on those things and I was able to come up with three different accessories: a headband, two clips, and a comb. These are all things I'd actually wear and maybe I'll make them in the future since I really do DIY hair pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment