Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lotus and Needles




As I was reading The Spider's Thread I immediately knew that I wanted to create an artwork for this story. I was also excited to use my Bamboo tablet because I was finally able to fix it (with the help of Tin-- Thank you!)! I didn't want to recreate a scene in the story or anything because I'm not that good of an illustrator. Instead, I read the story and chose a few details that stuck out to me. I chose the spider's thread, lotus flowers and the Mountain of Needles. I wanted my artwork to have those elements so I just played around with creating different things and this is how it turned out! I tried to incorporate fire and blood in there somewhere since arson and murder was mentioned in the story. I just couldn't do it in a way I was happy with. I was trying to make blood drip off the web and put fire on the mountains but it just wasn't working. Decided it'd be better for me to just stick with something I was proud of. Maybe when I have more time I'll edit this and try to add those elements. We shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment