Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

So.. I tried writing poetry

I was never into poetry growing up. I always preferred reading prose. Writing poetry for school was one of the things I dreaded most. I just didn't enjoy it. So when I found out I had to write five haikus, well, let's just say I wasn't too happy about that. Sat myself down one night while listening to my boyfriend's band perform live on the radio and to my surprise I was able to write the haikus pretty quickly. Here's what I came up with! My favorite one is the Harry Potter one. Do I even need to explain that? Harry. Potter. And Hogwarts. Yup. 






Gathered some flowers
On the ground below my feet
Bunched them up neatly






Read Harry Potter
Right before I slept at night
Dreamt about Hogwarts






We ran, jumped and spun
Around the merry-go-round
Like squealing infants




I spend too much time
on instagram looking at
Photos of cute pets







While doing homework
Listened to my boyfriend's band
On the radio

No comments:

Post a Comment